The thriving Pre-Engineering Program at Lafayette High School is designed to provide every student with the skills needed to succeed in such mathematically rigorous and technical fields as engineering, architecture, medicine, computer programming, mathematics, biology, chemistry and physics.
The program emphasizes higher-order thinking skills by using technology to solve real-world problems. Students can see applications of the math and science skills they are learning as well as apply them in the classroom through a challenging curriculum.
- Pre-Engineering Program pamphlet
- Open House: 7 to 8 p.m. September 11 and September 20, 2012 in the Lafayette Library
- Program rules and regulations
- Sample class schedules
- Application procedure for 2013-2014 -- Deadline: Dec. 1, 2012
- Faculty recommendation forms
Students who are assigned to other high schools may also apply. If accepted, they must then complete an FCPS out-of-area request:
About this page
- Author: Bryson Perry
- Updated: Tuesday, August 14, 2012